Underline the correct name.
- Tina was looking for someone to share the house with.
- Will is a very tidy person.
- Tina lives at home now.
- Will has a well-paid job.
- Tina loves her job.
- Will has a nice car.
1. Complete these expressions to talk about friendship from the article on page 8.
- ‘we liked one another as soon as we first met’ = we clicked/we hit it
- ‘we had similar interests’ = we had a lot common
- ‘we gort to know one another very well’ = we became close friends
- ‘we argued’ = we fell out
- ‘we became/have become more distant from each other’ = we went our separate ways/we’ve drifted apart
- ‘we enjoyed one another’s company’ = we got on very well
- ‘we had good moments and bad moments’ = we had our ups and downs
- ‘I know I can count on her when I need a friend’ = I know she’ll always be hare for
2.The following is a summary of Tina and Will’s friendship. Put the lines of the summary in the correct order.
- Tina and Will hit it
- Off immediately when they first
- met. They became close
- friends and got on
- in common. Now they have gone their
- separate ways and they’ve drifted
- out and they say that they are still
- well together. They had a lot
- apart. They haven’t fallen
- there for each other.